- When to go: October – April
- Duration: 8 nights
Stretching from a palm-fringed Malabar Coast in the west to the verdant peaks of the Western Ghats in the east, Kerala is a state that richly rewards those who explore it. Beginning in historic Fort Cochin – which blends Portuguese, Dutch and British influences – this classic route takes in Munnar’s lush tea estates, Kumarakom’s enchanting backwaters and some of South India’s finest beaches.
- Crab catching in Kumbalanghi, a few kilometres south of Kochi
- Learning how to cook Syrian-Christian Keralan cuisine
- Discovering how to operate Chinese fishing nets near Kochi
- Embarking on a walking tour of Alappuzha courtesy of the Preserve Alleppey Society