- When to go: May – October
- Duration: 13 nights
Largely untouched by mass tourism, Sri Lanka’s east coast is defined by near-deserted golden sands, pretty fishing villages and fascinating cultural relics. After briefly exploring Sri Lanka’s gloriously green interior, this fortnight-long trip takes in laid-back Arugam Bay – a favourite of local surfers – and peaceful Pasikudah, which boasts one of the world’s longest stretches of shallow coastline. Before heading back west, there’s enough time to climb the iconic rock fortress of Sigiriya.
- A special, locally prepared lunch on day 12
- An elephant-back safari on day 12
- Excursions from Arugam Bay
- Excursions from Pasikudah